Lake Atitlán Cross Country Tour (Hard)
Guatemala has some seriously big terrain and this 2 day Lake Atitlán Cross Country Tour combines big climbs, technical descents, and rewarding views that make the region a paradise for mountain biking.
Lake Atitlán is one of the best places to mountain bike in Guatemala – its enormous topography, perfect climate 12-24°C (55-75°F year round) and friendly local culture make it a highlight for many travelers. Around the lake there are hundreds of singletrack paths where we’ll explore connecting terraced onion fields, agricultural byways and ancient Mayan trading routes.
- Reach Lake Atitlán via a remote and canyonous route
- Visit the Mayan Ruins of Iximché
- See one of the world’s most beautiful lakes from the saddle of your bike.
- Views of 8 volcanoes.
- Lake Atitlán Cross Country Tour: this route is 80% technical agricultural singletrack
- Ride an impressive ridge line with 360 degree views of the Lake
- Descend the iconic “culebra” downhill
- Visit the towns of Panajachel, San Antonio and Santa Catarina Palopó