Follow the path of the Kaqchikel Maya in this new multi-day Lake Atitlan mountain bike tour for 2019! With high-altitude pine forests, a rich Mayan history, and tons of agricultural singletrack to explore Tecpán is an amazing place to ride a bike. This tour starts with a visit to the Mayan Ruins of Iximché, and finishes at the shores of Lake Atitlán.
There is no direct road to Lake from Tecpán – we will rely instead on an ancient network of Mayan footpaths dirt roads, and jeeptrack traversing a network of canyons. This is Mountain Bike Guatemala at its finest!
- Reach Lake Atitlán via a remote and canyonous route
- Visit the Mayan Ruins of Iximché
- See one of the world’s most beautiful lakes from the saddle of your bike.
- Cross through remote Mayan Communities
- Views of the volcanoes of Antigua and Lake Atitlán
- This route is 80% technical agricultural singletrack
|2 PPL||3-5 PPL||6+ PPL||Private|