Mountain bike the active Pacaya Volcano
A destined classic – on this route you will get up close with raw, volcanic terrain on Volcán Pacaya with over 50km of rocky trail riding traversing volcanic flows and the beautiful green hills of Escuintla.
Enjoy two days of mountain bike descent (over 2400m) on rough 4×4 roads crossing volcanic sand and rock on the Active Pacaya Volcano. This itinerary starts at 2400m on neighboring Volcan de Agua and finishes near sea level.
New for 2021!
For this unique overnight tour we have collaborated with Finca El Amate, a pineapple farm, ecopark and birdwatching reserve below the volcano. A Guatemalan Asado (BBQ) is included as well as tent and camping equipment so you can sleep under the stars.
Volcán de Pacaya is one of Guatemala’s most active volcanoes and you may see an eruption (or two) as well as lava flows at night. Camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag and pad) are included in the tour.
- Ride on an an active volcano
- Stay at a unique ecopark and bird sanctuary
- Enjoy a traditional Guatemalan Asado (BBQ)
- 4:1 Descent to climbing ratio (shuttle supported)
- ~2500m (8,000ft) of descent from high coffee plantations to the coastal plains
- Full suspension bike rental
- Protective equipment
- 2 days of shuttle assisted riding
- Certified Mountain Bike Guide
- Bus support to and from Antigua
- 4×4 support on the Volcano
- Mechanical Assistance
- Picnic Lunch / Dinner (traditional Guatemalan Asado) Day 1
- Breakfast / Picnic Lunch Day 2
- Tent / Sleeping Bag rental