New for 2020!
Mountain bike the active Pacaya Volcano
A destined classic – on this route you will get up close with raw, volcanic terrain on Volcán Pacaya with over 50km of rocky trail riding traversing volcanic flows and the beautiful green hills of Escuintla.
Enjoy two days of mountain bike descent (over 2400m) on rough 4×4 roads crossing volcanic sand and rock on the Active Pacaya Volcano. This itinerary starts at 2400m on neighboring Volcan de Agua and finishes near sea level.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column parallax=”content-moving” parallax_image=”11666″][vc_empty_space height=”40vh”][/vc_column][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Overnight campout and BBQ
For this tour we have collaborated with Finca El Amate, a pineapple farm, ecopark and birdwatching reserve for a unique camp spot and Guatemalan Asado (BBQ) below the stars. Camping equipment (tent, sleeping bag and pad) are included in the tour!
- Ride on an an active volcano
- Stay at a unique ecopark and bird sanctuary
- Enjoy a traditional Guatemalan Asado (BBQ)
- 4:1 Descent to climbing ratio (shuttle supported)
- ~2500m (8,000ft) of descent from high coffee plantations to the coastal plains
Pacaya Volcano, Guatemala (1319.0 m)
- Full suspension bike rental
- Protective equipment
- 2 days of shuttle assisted riding
- Certified Mountain Bike Guide
- Bus support to and from Antigua
- 4×4 support on the Volcano
- Mechanical Assistance
- Picnic Lunch / Dinner (traditional Guatemalan Asado) Day 1
- Breakfast / Picnic Lunch Day 2
- Tent / Sleeping Bag rental
[justified_image_grid preset=c1 rml_id=517]