A true backcountry loop – if you enjoy hiking with your bike, long, raw bushwack descents and a full day in the mountains where very few go, untouched cloud forest and incredible views await. This route follows an ancient Mayan trading route high in the mountains with views of Volcán de Fuego. This is our go-to adventure mountain bike tour in Antigua Guatemala for those looking for a remote and untracked experience.
- Shuttle assisted – twice the downhill
- Unique high-altitude cloud forests and alpine grassland
- Incredible views of the pacific coast and across Guatemala
- Views of Agua, Acatenango, Fuego and Pacaya Volcanoes
|2 PPL||3-5 PPL||6+ PPL||Private|
- All our Antigua mountain bike day tours start and finish from Antigua please let us know your hotel and will be happy to meet you there!
- A high quality bike is included with your tour (2 years old or newer).
- Prices depend on the number of people in your group – tour prices go down with groups of 2 or more people.
- Bringing your own bike? Ask about our discounts.
- Small snacks / water will be provided for your tour as well as mechanical assistance.
- Day tours are reserved with a non-refundable deposit of 50% – the remainder to be paid before the tour leaves.
Valle Escondido Adventure MTB tour
|43.00 km (26.72 mi)||832 m (2,730 ft)||-1,788 m (-5,866 ft)||2,600 m (8,531 ft)|
DAY TOUR DETAILS
|ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE||All our day tours depart at 7am unless otherwise noted.
All our day tours start and finish from Antigua – please let us know your hotel and will be happy to meet you there!
Arriving internationally? let us know if you would like us to pick you up at the airport
||We know some of the best places in town for grub that are both safe and delicious. – We offer stops as part of our itinerary however the cost of the meals is not included.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I have to carry all my stuff with me for the whole trip?
Nearly all of our trips are accompanied by support vehicle and professional driver who will meet with us at checkpoints throughout the day. The support vehicle will carry supplies / spare parts and water. If you would like to leave anything in the vehicle such as extra layers rain gear camera etc. you are more than welcome. All our vehicles maintain GPS location and radio communication with our guides.
Where will my bike be kept overnight?
All of the hotels that we partner have a storage area where we will secure the bikes overnight. If you are especially attached to your rental bike you can bring it into your hotel room at night.
Are food/snacks provided?
On our day tours we supply light snacks such as energy bars and fruit and water. Multi-day tours include breakfast and lunch. Dinners are on your own. If you would like a recommendation for a place to eat or would like to dine as a group we can make that happen!
Will my dietary restrictions be accommodated for?
All of our snacks / picnic lunches include a vegetarian option. If you have any other dietary restrictions please let us know when you are booking your tour.